Re: [oletrucks] best battery trickle charger?

To: Kevin <kevmor96@excite.com>, OLETRUCKS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] best battery trickle charger?
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:11:32 -0500
Kevin,
    I damn sure wouldn't pay 50 bucks for one as you can replace a battery
for that price. I personally would remove the battery, if its gonna sit for
a "few years". If the truck is going to be umpteen miles away, i'd remove
the battery and keep it at your house. I personally wouldn't leave a
battery charger connected for a "few years" without checking on it. If you
remove the battery just put a bump charge on it ever couple months and
you'll be fine.   wayne

At 02:18 PM 11/21/00 -0800, Kevin wrote:
>What is the best battery trickle charger?  I need one to use for a few years
>steady on a 12v battery.  I've seen them from almost $50 (and the size of a
>charger) from Autometer, to as low as $8 from Harbor fright and the size of
>a 4" by 4" box.
>
>1953 Chevy 1/2 ton

>Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
>http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html