Re: [oletrucks] Cab rust

To: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>, Jim Cramer <jcramer1@epix.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab rust
From: bill h <boxerbull@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
It boils down to what you yourself want to do and if
you have the time to do it.  I asked questions on here
and got negative answers.  Getting in and doing what
seeems impossible is a way to learn by experience.
One thing about it is you will make some mistakes as
you go along but when you finish you will look and
realize you did it yourself and will be more proud of
your truck.  You did the work and maybe it was hard
but you have the satisfaction of knowing you did it.
The learning experience is worth the effort.  Unless
you have plenty of money to spend.  I've got quite a
bit of rust in my '57 cab but I'm getting it cut out
and welding in new pieces and I'm not the greatest.  I
must say it looks pretty darn good and the
satisfaction I have after being told it would be best
to get another cab and so forth.  The kick panels are
the worst on mine and it turned out it wasn't as bad
as I thought it would be to fix. It's according how
much you want to do