[oletrucks] Skim coat of Bondo

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Skim coat of Bondo
From: "Jim Nordwall" <jnord@fgi.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:30:44 -0500
While sanding out scratches and removing bubbles, I found that the PO coated
the fenders and doors with a thin (1/8" or more) coat of bondo.  When I sand
this away, the metal underneath is in very good shape.  I know that you can
cover a lot of flaws with heavy coats of sandable primer, but I have never
seen parts completely covered with body filler this way. My experience is
that you would never be able to get all the waves out with this much body
filler. Anyone have any idea why this was done?

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100
Jacksonville, Ill.