Re: [oletrucks] garage floor slab

To: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] garage floor slab
From: jls <jls@seavcom.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
I'm no expert on concrete, but, I've been involved in a few pours.
Your approach sounds good.  I don't think you'll need an expansion joint
unless it gets mighty cold in the winter and warm in the summer where your
at.  I'd also consider the concrete with the fiber in the mix.  Most
RediMix companies will know what you want.  I don't know the right name
for this.

Good Luck!

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, New Mexico Jim wrote:

> Today, some friends and I filled in the area and tamped it down. I am now
>ready
> to hose it down and then lay some Visqueen and rebar. My question is: on what
> centers should I run my rebar? I was thinking about 12" on center and 2 "above
> the dirt and 6" of 3,500 pound concrete. I don't want any cracks and I hate it
> when a creeper gets caught in them. Should I use that black tar stuff
> inpregnaded fiberboard that costs about 5 bucks a 4X8 sheet and cut in 6"
> strips. Then attach it to the inside edge of the stem wall as an expansion
>join
> since there will be no expansion joints elswhere in the slab? If I'm not
>making
> myself clear, the place between the end of the slab and where it meets the
>stem
> wall.
> Jim
> does anyone know how to add a signiture file in Netscape  4.7? I click on the
> edit sig file and it brings up an adress book. thx

Thanks,
-JLS