Re: [oletrucks] 216 oil pressure

To: "John Groves" <avmech@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 oil pressure
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:09:55 -0500
John-

I was concerned about what I thought was lower than normal oil pressure with
my 235, which has been recently rebuilt.  Mine seems to drop as the engine
gets hotter, and at operating temperature of about 180, at idle, my oil
pressure is very low, increasing as I accelerate.  When the engine is cold,
the oil pressure stays in the upper range of the gauge.  This used to worry
me, but since the engine runs like a top, doesn't smoke and doesn't burn any
oil, I assume it's just normal for these old Chevy engines.

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)
See 'em at:  http://sites.netscape.net/ChrlsCul/homepage