Re: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor

To: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:45:43 -0400
Any Chev 230/250/292 from '73 on should have the HEI you need. There is a
collar on the shaft that has to be removed. Then you use a 235 clamp to hold
it in place.

The shaft length is approximately correct as is, but most Inliners pop for
the pro jobs by Buffalo or Stovebolt where the shaft is shortened and
re-pinned, the oil pump tang changed and the shaft O-ringed so it won't leak
oil up the shaft. They also supply a nice billet clamp. Cost to modify your
HEI is about $75. Check www.inliners.org for links to both Stovebolt Engine
Co and Buffalo Enterprises.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton