[oletrucks] 59 questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 questions
From: "Rod Fleming" <rod_virago@colleges.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 10:16:23 -0700
Hi all I need some info. I have a 59 apache fleetside that came with the 283 ci
and auto. I have a 85 gmc with 350ci 350 trany. the prevouse owner had a early
60's 327 ci and 350 trans installed.
1) Can I use the exaust manifold from the 327 (it has an ear for the  hydro-vac
) or do I need to make a mount?
2) How well do the body panels fit if I graft the frount clip to get IFS and
power stearing? (I know the frames are differant widths I can weld and fab)
3) What is a good measuring point to cut the frame if I swap frount ends. (from
the cab,frount of frame or what? )

Thanks Rod in San Diego

 Rod 59 Apache