[oletrucks] <toys>Road Champs "Then and Now" series w/'53 5-window

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] <toys>Road Champs "Then and Now" series w/'53 5-window
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:02:42 EDT
    I spent most of Saturday morning running around, and hit a few toy aisles
in the process. I'd forgotten about the Road Champ series of trucks and cars,
and while in Target , noticed again the Then and Now series, for $7.99, of an
old car or truck, with the modern equivilant, such as mustangs, trucks, and
cars. One of the nicest was the '53 5-window in medium blue, with a modern
Chevy truck. Looked great. I found another maroon and gold '56 Chevy
Flashsider Hotwheels truck at KB toys in a mall, along with several of the
newly released black go-karts that are hard to find. It was a great day for
toy hunting, I spent over $80 on my favorite hobby. Then it was back home to
do some yardwork, then I spend until midnite working on organizing and
cleaning the garage, and intend to spend another day at it today as well.
It's a big task doing cleanup after a move, and it's been about 7-8 months
since then! It's going well, I can find stuff now, and getting things put
away in storage in the rafters to make more room. I can hardlly wait to get
it to a useable working status!  :) Have  great Sunday, folks.

Jerry Casper
'55 -2 Chevy Suburban