[oletrucks] Further to my note re my good-looking rear end -

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Further to my note re my good-looking rear end -
From: Alan Quin <Alan_Quin@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:05:39 -0700
My cables are ABSCO Pt #370400 (Not Taiwan made!)  They are miles too
long.  Cut jacket then cut cable to correct length.  Jacket will fit the
hole in the frame bracket if you enlarge the hole.  The cable jacket is
quite thick .  Don't force the hole open with a tool and break it like I
did.  Fortunately I was able top weld it again.  I wouldn't like to try
and find these brackets   nowadays.
The cable comes with a threaded rod  National Coarse you put on the
cable using 2 setscrews and when fitted into the repro clevis (I had to
re-thread to N/C as well to fit the rod)  And with new cable boots the
package looks quite authentic, and is mostly North American made!
I don't like to use recycled rice hulls where I can find North American
steel..