Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?

To: bigfred@unm.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:31:26 -0600
There are lots of different stock torque converters with varying stall speeds.
have you used a big block converter or a diesel? I'd be interested in everything
you did to your 700. Did you build it?

It's not stock at all - I replaced the T350 with the 700R for the overdrive.
First, the non-lock up setup eliminates the need for any transmission wiring
harness on the '73.  Second, I wanted the heavy duty T/C build for
off-roading applications.  I was cooking the lock-up converters with the big
tires I was running on the truck even with an additional cooler and a pusher
fan (the T/Cs weren't heavy duty enough - perhaps there are builds out there
I am unaware of).  I have a buddy who's running this particular 700R build
(non-lock up) behind his big block and tows a trailer.  Obviously he can't
run the transmiss