Re: [oletrucks] Take me off the list

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Take me off the list
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:05:42 -0400
Ya might have hit the nail on the head there with the "that appears
unimportant". When anyone subscribes to the list, you get a confirmation of
your subscription send to you with all the instruction regarding the
operations of the list, as well as how to get off of it.  All anyone has to
do is just save that message, or at least save the monthly reminder in case
ya need it later. I can't understand why folks don't just save one or the
other, it ain't that hard. It cost nothing to get on this list, and seems
thats the least folks can do is keep their ducks in a row........One more
time...if anyone on the list doesn't have this information, please let me
know and i'll send it. Folks also forget that the
http://www.chevytrucks.org contains all of this information as that domain
was developed form this list......    Wayne

>Yes, I've been told that. I'm on several lists, and tend to brush away a
>lot of stuff that appears unimportant or routine just to chop the message
>coult down to the 100 or so that I can respond to or that relate to a
>solid subject. I'm sure that I've missed the monthly posting that way.
>
>What I was thinking of was the sort of thing attached to the end of posts
>to the powerboat list as below:
>
> | powerboat@bigfatpipe.net -- Hydroplane Racing Discussion List |
> | subject line and "unsubscribe powerboat" in the message text. |
> | Brought to you through the BigFatPipe. --- www.bigfatpipe.net |
>
>It works really well.
>
>John

> R68/R14 - GEEZER-PRO RACING - We break stuff so you won't have to!

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne