[oletrucks] TF Speedo Cable

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Speedo Cable
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:21:44 -0500 (CDT)
How far should the speedometer cable on a 57 with a factory 4 speed stick
out of the housing when it is set into the tansmission?  I'm having trouble
getting the speedometer to work.  It works fine with a power drill (25 MPH
with a 1/2 in drill at full speed chucked onto the transmission end) but
doesn't work from the tranny.  I'm trying to figure whether there is
something wrong in the tranny or if the cable is just too short.

At least the Check Engine Soon light doesn't come on when the speedo
doesn't work!

Thanks.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200