Re: [oletrucks] Brake Bleeding -- follow up

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Bleeding -- follow up
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:35:17 -0700
I got a couple of questions off list that made me think it would be worth a
short follow up on one man brake bleeding.

The most important thing is not to let the end of the tube see the air.  As
long as it is under a layer of fluid, it will not suck air back when the
pedal is released.  This means that you do not have to have someone closing
the bleeder each time you release the pedal.

If you do have a second person handy, have him stand by the reservoir and
keep it filled as it depletes, every three pumps or so.  Of course if we're
talking about your truck you don't need anyone else because the reservoir is
right under your nose as you pump the pedal.

I have one of the one man brake bleeding kits sold at various places.  Its
purpose is to keep the reservoir level full.  I don't know if it works or
not because I always forget to use it when I work on my brakes.
Unfortunately, I have a lot of tools like that.

When the wheel is bled, close the bleeder before removing the aquarium tube.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)