[oletrucks] narrowing

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] narrowing
From: "Justin Hartman" <justin_hartman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 21:58:05 CDT
Anyone every narrow a rear end?  How's that for a joke setup?

I want to run 10+ inch rear wheels.  I am using a 10-bolt and am afraid that
I might have to narrow and tub.  How much should this cost?  Did you buy new
axles or have the originals cut and resplined?  Can a fairly apt person do
this themselves (well all except the resplining)?  Let me know any comments
out there.  It is a tf.  Probably will have to use a 70-81 camaro or early
nova.  The nova is about an inch narrower.  Will I even have to narrow to
get 10"s to fit?

Thanks for any help.
Justin
55 2nd rod