[oletrucks] fiberglass headliner installation

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] fiberglass headliner installation
From: Steve Parham <thebttmline@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
>>I'm anxious to hear what you think when you get
yours.

Hi Smokey,

I got my fiberglass headliner from American Classic
Truck (ACT) and it looks really good.  I'm sure it
is just like yours.  It has a grain pattern to it,
so it looks like vinyl.  I think it will look fine
as is (dark gray), but I can always paint it someday
when I really start doing something serious with my
interior.

I haven't installed it yet, but I did hold it up
in my truck and it looked kinda big.  I thought
it would probably need trimming, but I wasn't sure
(there are no instructions included) and I didn't
want to just start cutting.

So, I sent a note to ACT and asked them if it was
suppossed to fit as is or if it would need to be
trimmed.  They replied and said that it would need
trimming.  They also said it should just tuck in under
the rubber in front and I would "need the back bow
which screws in at the back."  There was no headliner
in my truck, so I'm not sure how the original
headliner
and the back bow went together.  In other words, I'm
not sure if it was screwed in or just held in by the
bow.  I'm thinking I will just let the back bow hold
it rather than drilling holes in the headliner and
screwing it in.  What do you think?
I'm also planning to put some of that heat shield
insulation under (or should I say over :-) the
headliner.

I'm laying hardwood floor in my house right now.  I
have about 300 square feet down and another 400 to go.
For some reason, my wife thinks that is a higher
priority than working on the old truck.  But, I may
be able to sneak out this weekend for a little while
and fool around with the headliner.

Later,
Steve
       __