[oletrucks] Newbie questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Newbie questions
From: Scott Lent <scott.lent@tamut.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 08:34:52 -0500
First, I was looking at purchasing a CD-ROM based shop manual for my '56,
and wondered if anyone had used any particular company's, and whether you'd
recommend it.

Second, I'm trying to verify the story I got from the previous owner that
the 235 engine in the truck has been rebuilt, and originated in a '53
model.  I've located the head casting number, and it's from a '56...but
have been unable thus far to find the block casting number.  Anyone want to
tip me off what area of the engine block I should be degreasing? :)

Scott...

Scott Lent
1956 Chevrolet 3100
Texarkana, Texas