Re: [oletrucks] moving on

To: hollisbsa@hotmail.com, bekett@uslink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] moving on
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:24:01 EST
In a message dated 3/28/00 8:12:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hollisbsa@hotmail.com writes:

> Mike,
>  You are right.  The top of the fan moves from the passanger side to the
>  driver side.  I placed a leaf on the outside of the radiator and it was
>  sucked into the radiator and stayed there.  Also I felt air moving back
over

>  the motor from the fan.  I also learned that the spark plug wire can put
out

>  quite a poke if you touck it when the motor is running.  It is now raining
>  and boy did that sting.

  This may aid in your over heating/higher operating temps......incomplete
combustion.  What happens is the unspent fuel is reignited in the exhuast
manifolds, and heat is transferred back to the head.

>  Do you think that the numbers from 25 to 60 at each spark plug is not from
>
>  compression test.  What should these be for the 216?

  These probably were the old readings, but you mentioned a valve job too?
Wouldn't take but maybe 10 minutes and a $30.00 compression gauge to verify,
but if you were running that low on compression, it would also be a reason
the motor is running hotter....it'd be like you were always going up hill and
lugging the motor.

>  I am using about 50/50 - it gives me about a -10 rating when I test it.

  You know, I read that  you did that...don't know what I was thinking about.

  Also, another thing to verify is that the vacuum advance works, and that
the wieghts inside the distributor move freely, and timing is set to spec.

>  Thanks AGAIN!
>  Jim House
>  46 3104 Chevy

  Good luck.