[oletrucks] oil pressure problems?

To: OLETRUCKS@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] oil pressure problems?
From: MLayton324@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:58:32 EST
have put about 400 miles on the 235 in my 50 3100   a machine shop built it
with lots of new internals   bored,pistons,brgs,crank  etc.    sounds like it
has a small noise that appears to be coming from a rod      we have a concern
about the oil pressure
the truck already had an external oil filter installed when i bought it
if we hook a gauge directly to the fitting on the back of the block we get
good pressure    but when we check the pressure at a fitting that is on the
other side of the oil filter it cuts it in half      any ideas?   stumped
here     thanks     mike layton