Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235

To: <ADvent@thuntek.net>, "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235
From: "Lonnie L. Dickey" <mdickey@silverback.gorilla.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:12:28 -0600
I have first hand experience with "expansion factors". A factory built '96
Chevy
SS Camaro uses a cast iron block and cast/high silicon content aluminum
pistons. These two have vary different thermal expansion rates. That's why
this
car clatters so much till warm. (It's kind of embarrassing on cold days.)
Basically
the pistons have to expand to the size of the bore before they stop making
noise. I too would consider this to be a "loose" engine but it doesn't smoke
.
I would agree that any engine which is so loose as to smoke is way too
loose.
Lonnie