[oletrucks] Oil Pressure Gauge question (216 engine)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Oil Pressure Gauge question (216 engine)
From: Jay Duncanson <jduncanson@crosswinds.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:22:27 -0800
How much oil should come out of the oil pressure gauge tube when
disconnected from the gauge? I'm getting about 2 or 3 drops per
second out of the tiny tube. Too little or about right?

I've got a low pressure 216 engine with the 0-30 lb. gauge.

Do I have to bleed the tube of air when reconnecting to the gauge?

The oil gauge worked before I removed the whole cluster to put on
new decals. When I reconnected everything, the oil gauge didn't work.

Is there any way to test the oil pressure gauge short of replacing it?

Thanks...

Jay

'49 3100 5-window