[oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] The Joy Of A New Toy

To: <old-chevy-truck@onelist.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] The Joy Of A New Toy
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:36:18 -0800
Hi Paul,

You're going to be real happy that you got that cabinet.  My wimpy little
bench cabinet is one of my most frequently used tools.

You can get decent rubber gloves at Harbor Freight.  The ones I use are not
designed for a cabinet, but I slip the rings that go around the hand holes
into the glove ends and screw them down and they work great.  TIP also has a
web site and sells gloves, etc.

These things are so simple, you really don't need a book.  For a gun, you
can use a $20 Harbor Freight bucket blaster gun.  They work great.

As to a compressor, the bigger, the better.  5 HP should be the minimum.  2
stage is better.  I would get a good used one from a  shop in preference to
a new cheap one like the campbell hausfeld models they sell at Home Depot,
etc.  If you go to a professional air compressor store, you will begin to
get a feeling for what is quality and what is cheap, even if you end up
buying a used one.

I'd recommend keeping it outside, and build a little roof over it or
something.  See if you can put it on wheels.  These things leak sand, so you
don't want it sitting in the same room with your engine rebuild project.  If
you put it on wheels, you can store it inside and take it outdoors to run
it.  Better to leave it out if possible, given that we don't get that much
rain.

Regards,

Grant S.