Re: [oletrucks] Repro Gas Tanks

To: <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Repro Gas Tanks
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:02:15 -0800
>...and I am afraid to even turn my truck over until I clean out this
>tank.  Should I actually consider replacing it or ...what is the best way
>clean them out?

Hi Richard,

I washed mine out with a garden hose,  (hope the City of LA isn't reading
this) and then rolled a chain around in it for a while, followed by more
washing.

The tank was then fine, but the gas line was still blocked.  A little
reaming with some brazing rod loosened everything up.  A glass bodied fuel
filter helped greatly in knowing when the crud was gone.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net