Re: [oletrucks] Spare Tire Carrier

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spare Tire Carrier
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:49:42 -0800
I'm running the original carrier without the "plate/spacer" you describe
that goes on top of the tire.  My 215R85-16 spare fits very well under the
bed and is solid without the upper piece (I've been searching high and low
for it for 5 years now, good luck guys....).  Someone on the list just
published a great gif of the stock carrier just a few weeks ago....... (go
back to the archives, it's a really good photo, but it doesn't show the
slider that bolts to the frame).

I think it's a really great carrier design.  I can get the spare out just
standing behind the bumper....no need to get underneath.  Oh, and I believe
that this particular design went through 1950, changing in 1951 to a cross
type mount.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100