[oletrucks] Millenium Ready?

To: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Millenium Ready?
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:11:45 -0500
Hello,

  Just a quick note to say "Hey."   "Hey." We're finishing the checklist
now, and making final preparations for the big event.  The air and door
locks on the old truck are set to shut down at 9:00PM EST, and the
atmospheric test module is finally installed up under the dash on the
passenger side, right next to the heater and those neato air scrubbers I
picked up.  Had to concoct a weird mounting set-up, but it fit nicely!  It's
supposed to check the exterior air quality at least once a week to let us
know when we can unlock the doors and get safely back out of the truck.
Squeezed in a case of Lysol behind the seat too, as without showers it could
get pretty rank in there  after awhile.

  The 2 months worth of supplies were really a pain to squeeze into the cab,
but I think I have room for the dogs and kids.  Glad there was space under
the seat for the porta-potty!  I did manage to scrounge a new set of serious
mud grips and I've got the anti-deflation donuts installed inside the tires
now.  Even though we don't have snow, I took the extra precaution of putting
on the heavy duty snow chains I bought.  Should have adequate traction given
any possible terrain I may encounter over the next few weeks.  Sure am glad
I have a NAPCO 4 Wheel Drive!!!  We should make it through this "Millennium"
thing O.K.

  I've got the 2000 Gallon water tank installed and the pressure fittings
all tested out fine.  It sure filled the bed, and it makes her a little top
heavy as well.  Glad she's a 1 ton model!  The handling is a little sloppy
with the tank topped off, but that old 235 makes enough power to keep her
rolling!  This old truck will do just fine!  Well, I'd better go on and get
ready to git it.  You be safe, Y'hear?!

  Let's see.  Grab the rifle, shotgun and my Buck knife and we're about
ready!  How bout you?  Hope you're ready too!

(Smile!) Just taking a moment to wish you a Very Happy Y2K!  Nothing but the
best for you and yours this coming year!

Yours,
Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO (Definitely Y2K compliant!)