[oletrucks] Year conflict

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Year conflict
From: Samsred72@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:04:13 EST
    I would like to find out if I have one "of those" trucks that have an
early change over quirk. The truck is early '49 in total but for the hood
tags. It has the headliner divider that screws to the bow and the interior
glove box band. The hood has Chevrolet 3100 instead of Thriftmaster. Unless
the hood has been changed, the factory probably started the 3100 after
running out of Thriftmaster tags early. Possible? Would you change the tags
in the restore process? Will be shown stock original.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Sam
'49 Chevy 3100