Re: [oletrucks] Help carb problems again....

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help carb problems again....
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 02:10:17 -0500
I'm running two Rochester's and have one that seeps a little, just enough to
stain the carb over time but it really causes no problems otherwise and I live
with it. As I understand it this is caused by the casting being warped.  Early
Rochester's (such as those used in '47) with the thin top are the worst
offenders
and should be avoided if you can use a  later one with thick top casting.
  If you have gas dumping out as in the base is really wet and the truck won't
idle right the float needle valve is leaking, probably due to junk in the gas. I
didn't see mention if you have a inline gas filter but  IMO this is a must. The
screen in glass bowl pumps catch only bigger debris.

Grant