[oletrucks] Year indentification

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Year indentification
From: "Peter Volwerk" <peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:04:40 +0100
Hi to all,

I have a friend who is restoring an old chevy truck but is not exactly sure
what year the truck is.  He has been working on it for 14 years and has it
almost done now.  He says that all the parts are the same from 1941 to 1946.
He thinks it is a 1942 but I don't think thats possible because Chevrolet
only build 1 month civilian trucks and then only have made military trucks.
If you can give me any info by the model numbers
that follow it would be greatly appreciated.

On the data plate just under the hood on the right side it has a model
number
of -------  9MS40    followed by a master number of -------- 25452

Thank you for taking the time to read this and enjoy the hollidays.

Peter '58 3100
http://www.petervolwerk.demon.nl