Re: [oletrucks] My 1st truck show

To: apache58truck@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My 1st truck show
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:46:39 EST
In a message dated 12/7/99 6:18:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
apache58truck@hotmail.com writes:

> Hi,
>
>  A lot of people sent me questions about my
>  1st truck show. Right before we lost our
>  internet I had the show. I could not send
>  to the list then but now I can tell how
>  the show went.
>
>  At first I was just going to enter my
>  tailgate and make a display.
>  Then I wanted to take the whole truck.
>  I called the lady in charge.
>  She said I could put it in.
>  She said I would be in the projects.
>
>  We towed my truck to the show.
>  A lot of people said it was junk.
>  A lot said it was great.
>  A man wanted to buy my original bumper. I said no!
>  My sign was- This is what a vehicle looks
>  like before it is restored!.
>  I had other signs and photos and some
>  people did like my display.
>  Mostly if they did not know anything about
>  trucks or cars.
>  We showed everyone what we did and how
>  they could do it too.
>  Lots of kids liked it because they what
>  do get one too.
>
>  I tried to start a list like Ole Trucks but
>  only 11 people are on it.
>  Two joined from the show because they had
>  kids like me.
>  If anybody wants to join you can email me.
>  We do not have lots of emails yet so it is
>  not as good as this list.
>  It is hard to make a good list like this.
>  It is my favorite one.
>
>  My dad helped me talk to all the people but
>  mostly I explained stuff.
>  I wanted to win a trophy in projects but
>  I didn't but got my first metal dash  card.
>  It is on my desk with my soccer, basketball,
>  cub scout and golf stuff.
>
>  I am going to do it every year so people
>  can see it get better.
>
>  Thank you for all the emails.
>  Sorry I took so long to tell you.
>  Well I have to go now.
>  Bye,
>  Brian

  Now that's cool.  I remember my first carshow I took my '57 too, geez,
that'd be over 20 years ago.....anyway I think it was one of the funnest
things a 16YO could do (well, at least one of the funnest thing that my folks
approved of anyway).
  Now my truck was never "show-winner" quality, but if someone would have
called it junk, I'd have slapped them silly with a tire iron.

  That's also pretty neat about the "project category", I've only noticed
this at some shows over the past 5 years or so, seems to me this is a good
way to keep from getting discouraged when you look at $10K paint jobs and
$20K worth of chrome, not that there's anything wrong with it.

  Glad you had fun Brian, how'd the old man do?  Did he keep up with you?

Mike