Re: [oletrucks] cab ?

To: "dshier" <dshier@rmi.net>, "'Al & Judy'" <cayfords@oxford.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] cab ?
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:59:55 -0600
What is "AD"? I keep hearing the term and have no idea. Advanced Design? If
so, what does this mean? I've only owned 2 ( a 54 and a 50 Chev) and until
this list have never heard AD. They keep us Kansans in the dark about these
things.

Meanwhile, I am wrestling with myself on an issue maybe I could get some
input on. I have a VERY rusty 50 3100 and I have removed all (and I mean
ALL) the rust aft of the cab. I'm very proud of the effort I have put in so
far but here is the dilema.. Do I keep up this really thorough rust removal
by removing the cab from the frame? I can get a LOT of it without but not
all. So, if you are prepared to say "remove the cab, you will be glad you
did" then please describe the hell I will be going through to get it off. In
detail please. :)

Thanks to ALL of you for the great tips I am getting. I am into restoring to
original condition. Today is a far cry from 20 years ago when I restored my
54 from going to salvage yards because that is all there was. Now we just
call up and have the parts shipped direct. Its almost a crime but I am
certainly not complaining! Thanks again!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas