RE: [oletrucks] 58/59 Fleetside backup lamps

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 58/59 Fleetside backup lamps
From: "Bruce E. Kettunen" <bek@noramcoeng.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:27:46 -0500
I think I remember seeing this on my dad's '58 Suburban.  There was a
cup mounted on the shift lever and a toggle switch mounted to the floor
inside the truck.  When the truck was put in reverse, the cup would
engage the toggle switch and turn on the back up lights.  Sure wish we
still had that truck....

Proud owner of a '56, 3100, small glass, 4 speed, transplanted big block
(by previous owner)

Bruce Kettunen

Bek@noramcoeng.com <mailto:Bek@noramcoeng.com>
NORAMCO Engineering Corp.