[oletrucks] heating a non-heated intake manifold?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] heating a non-heated intake manifold?
From: Doug Hughes <avdoug@teal.csn.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:08:18 -0600 (MDT)
I'm looking for a used dual carb intake that is
water heated because I understand they work
much better than the non-heated variaty. I have
come across a non-heated offy that I might be
able to get for a good price (includes carbs).
Is there any way to get reasonable performance
from this or should I buy it for the carbs and
hold out for a water heated version?
I'm not above attaching some heat mechanism to
make it work better but I'm also not in a hurry
so I can walk away with only minor regrets.
btw. I plan to put fentons on as well so I won't
be getting much direct heat from the exhaust.

thanks to all,

Doug