[oletrucks] Brake Mods

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake Mods
From: "Jim and Elaine" <phippsj@camalott.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:35:51 -0500
My head's swimming!  Thanks to everyone for all the good advice.  It's great
to see so many perspectives!  For safetys sake I know for sure I won't try
to fabricate my own adapter.  I think I'll take a serious look around.
Can't believe I haven't ordered a Heavy Chevy catalog yet.
  As a side note, I just finished pulling my engine and putting it on a
stand.  I'm having the old 283's heads rebuilt with hardened exhaust valve
seats, and I'll be checking the bottom end good to see what else it needs.
It ran ok, but the compression differences between cylinders were pretty
eratic.  After all this work (so far), I don't think I'd care to have the
thing break down right after getting it street ready.  Needed to do some
serious cleaning and paint work anyway (among other things).  Thanks again
folks.  I'm getting a great reference database built from this group!

Jim Phipps
57 3/4 ton
Abilene, Tx