Re: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.

To: krucasdb@boxer.navy.mil, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:01:06 EDT
In a message dated 07/25/1999 9:46:07 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
krucasdb@boxer.navy.mil writes:

<< 1. My TH350 was plumbed to the lower radiator tank. Does the fluid
 also go thru some fins in the core, or just sit in it's own
 compartment in the lower tank? Would a separate transmission
 cooler be better than the radiator? I'm going to a 700R4.

The fluid merely passes through its own compartment in the lower tank. I
would add a reasonably sized cooler, but continue to use the one in the
radiator. I am using two small add-on coolers on my '48 with 700R4, and the
fluid never gets over 200 degrees, even though I added a thermostat to try to
get the temp up a bit. With transmission fluid, a little warmth is necessary.
The radiator tank cooler will help yours warm up to the working temp, while
the add-on will keep the fluid from getting too hot.

Mike Jensen
'48 Chevy 1/2 ton 5-window