[oletrucks] 235 Timing Gear and Cam

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Timing Gear and Cam
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:02:54 EDT
        Thanks to Allen's excellent reply to my recent questions regarding my
'59 235 project, I have begun to think about perhaps replacing my timing
gears. A couple of more questions have presented themselves.

        1. Can the fiber cam gear be replaced without replacing the crank
gear?

        2. What can be gained or lost by going to aluminum gear/gears such as
those sold      by      Patrick's?

        3. Since the motor is going to come apart this far, . . . should I
consider some   sort of "RV" or "Driver" cam, assuming such things exist? At
this point, I have no   plans to alter the stock carbie or exhaust manifold.
I am looking for a sweet        running truck motor, not a racer.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html