[oletrucks] 261 Engine

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 261 Engine
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:39:11 -0700
Still on the search for an engine. I might be able to come by a 261 out
of Nova, I did not know that Novas had 261s, I always understood that
Novas come only with 180cid and 250cid, please correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway, if this engine that I may be able to get is a 261. How much
involved is this swap?. I understand that they are about the same size
as a 235, but with side motor mounts. I assume that I should be able to
use the original 235 bell housing and transmission. How about engine
mounts? Do I need a side mount cross member? or Can I put the front
motor mounts out of the 235?
I know that there have been some member of the list that have done this
swap? Any advice and guidelines?

Thanks,

Antonio,