Re: [oletrucks] This is getting out of hand!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] This is getting out of hand!
From: wayne osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:11:35 -0400
Now its my time..
    I have belong to the list since when it was under 100 members, and look
at us now-over 500.. With all these members there is bound to be some
unnecessary messages, the biggest complaint I have is: Take for
instance the e-bay messages, I really have no problem with them, but
when folks reply to the group about the message stating--Nice item, or
wish I had that, or I was looking for one 6 months ago... This is where
the extra message come from that generates more messages to weed
through as mentioned by Thomas Hurd letter..12 e-bay messages with 28
     Most are legitimate questions that get to the group and that it what
the group is about, we cannot carry on conversation as if we were just
talking. Another thing that generates additional messages is, many many
messages are sent to the group when the message reply should just be
sent to the originator of the message, not the entire list. I know, I know
that much information is shared with these exchanges, but to see 10-15
messages wishing someone congratulations on an event, is again what
generates extra messages. These congrats should be sent back to the
originator-not to the list.
     As far as a page for items for sale---I think things that members who
have things for sale-it should be posted on the list as this is one of the
core reasons of the list, as well as getting and gathering information.
I agree that if we start censoring we could get into problems, I think most
complaints could be handled by just using plain ole common sense and
always remember that it if just benefits a few people, that 500 other have
to be bothered by it.

Just my two cents worth......wayne