[oletrucks] offtopic but help needed

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] offtopic but help needed
From: "Tony Bustamante" <t847319@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:08:31 -0500
Hey oletruckers,
Sorry for the non-truck post but my sons car is broke down and I'm trying to
give him advice over the phone on what might be wrong.  I'm going to drive
there tomorrow and try to fix it as he can't afford to have it done. It's an
85 merc grand marquix.  He was driving it at night, and was idling when the
engine quit and wouldn't turn over.  The odd thing is the lights wouldn't
shut off. He had it towed home, checked the battery in the morning and it
had 0 volts.  He put a new battery in it and it started right up, then the
next morning it wouldn't start. By the time he got back from a trip (1 week)
it was completely dead, no voltage.  Sure sounds like a dead short but when
he hooked the new battery up there was no sparking at the cable and post.
Any educated guesses?  This heap is going down the road as soon as we can
make it do so under its own power.  Appreciate any help as I don't know
anything about F**Ds or their cousins.

Tony Bustamante
59 Chevy Stepside 383, th350