[oletrucks] Re: Part Number, Please -- TF Steering Box Grease

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Part Number, Please -- TF Steering Box Grease
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:19:44 -0700
Sorry this took so long (I had to find the dang thing).  Genuine GM steering
gear lube comes in a 10 oz tube, is labeled Goodwrench Steering Gear Lubricant
and has the part number #1052182 (group 8.800).  It took 2 or 3 tubes to fill a
freshly rebuilt (dry) AD steering gear (the GM dealer I ordered it from said
they can only get them in packages of 4).  The lube looks like a mixture of 90
wt and grease, however it doesn't seem to separate (which is good if you don't
drive your truck too much).  The tube has the list of ingredients on it if you
need to know the technicals.

Allen Jones
'50 3100

>>> Tim Seawolf-Self <tim@Route66AutoClub.com> 06/13/99 12:09AM >>>
Hi, Allen

Can you send me the Part Number, for the Steering Box Grease?

Thanks,
Tim