[oletrucks] I finnaly got the numbers for the ?51? GMC 100! and a couple

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] I finnaly got the numbers for the ?51? GMC 100! and a couple of
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:09:53 EDT
Hi all,
I finnaly got the door pannel info from the supposed 51 GMC.  it is as
such.....
101 22 P 19343 then under that in another line 90   3200 (I think that that
was GVW.)
and finally, on the third line, was the line 4800.
Also, the rod cover on the side of the engine DOES cover the spark plug holes.
The stamped # on the engine was KBA 43380.  I suspect that it is a 216, but
what is the year.
Also, I have a chance to buy a Very low mileage 250 ci. that has been bored
.040 over, and has a dual (split) exhaust manifold, and a good carb set up.
I want to know how hard it is to put this in my '47-2 Thriftmaster?  or in
the '51 GMC?
I can get the engine for $350 with an open drive 3spd.   What years did this
engine come in?  Hey I appreciate this.
Happy 4th of July!
Casey
'47-2 Thriftmaster.