[oletrucks] chevy mechanics near Boulder Co.

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] chevy mechanics near Boulder Co.
From: Robert Strickland <karbert1@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:54:41 -0400
Hello all, does anyone know of a mechanic near Boulder Co. that is good
with Chevy throttle body injection systems and associated ignition
computer systems.  It is pretty hard to trouble shoot my sons truck from
here in Florida and he need some help.  The truck runs good, but won't
pass emissions his mechanic (and I use the term loosely) gave it a "tune
up" changed the PCV valve then ran it through the emissions inspection
station where it failed again (it had already failed once which is why
my son brought it to the mechanic) then told my son that it was
un-repairable and that he should get rid of it.  The guy never checked
the sensors, never hooked it up to a scope or a gas analyzer, never
checked compression or basically anything else.  He did manage to remove
several hundred dollars from my sons wallet with no trouble at all!  So
at my urging my son is looking for a good honest mechanic in the Boulder
area.  So if anyone knows of one E-mail me off the list.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Strickland
1951 3100/Corvette
E-mail  karbert1@gte.net