Re: [oletrucks] non-truck ?? Vacuum Gauge Diagnosis & Links

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] non-truck ?? Vacuum Gauge Diagnosis & Links
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:06:46 -0400
I had alot of problems with my six after I had the head worked on (problem
eventually turned out to be a fouled carb from not purging gas line before
re-attaching carb).

I installed a manifold vacuum gauge under my dash and swear by it now- it's
really helped me get a good tune on the 235 and diagnose a wide range of
settings/problems (I used mine to check efficeiency of valve lash, timing,
lean, spark advance, ignition, etc. before getting to the root of trouble-
'needed to get done anyways).  Anyways, here's some good web resources on
diagnosing w/ vacuum gauges.

Reading your vacuum gauge (xlent chart- courtesy of suburban owners group)
http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/vac/uum.htm

Motor Age Magazine: Driveability Diagnosis
http://www.motorage.com/edindex/069740.htm

Troubleshooting with a Vacuum gauge
http://users.uniserve.ca/~chuckj/vacugage.html

An Essential Part Of Today's Driveability Work
http://www.serviceinsights.com/main/tech/techarcv/0598cap.htm