Re: [oletrucks] Wheels for '49 Chevy

To: "GRAVES,DAN (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <dan_graves@am.exch.hp.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheels for '49 Chevy
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:53:55 -0700
Dan-

I had the same dilema, and was able to find a set of 15" 8-hole split rims
for my truck, but found out how difficult it is to get them mounted, plus
you can't use tubeless tires.  So I got a set of Ford 16" 8-hole rims, which
are quite common, and use tubeless tires.

My plan now is to order a set of the clips and fasten them to my rims so I
can use the Chevy hubcaps.  Haven't done it yet, but should be easy enough,
and with a set of beauty rings should be really sharp.  I should mention
that I use 1/4 inch spacers on the front, which cost $6 apiece.

Good luck!

Smokey

'50 3600 5-window