RE: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Warning

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Warning
From: "Anderson, Larry" <landerso@cabletron.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:48:29 -0400
Your right.  A little bit on money to extra for a filter is worth it.  I
would be hacked off if I ever had to do anything to an engine before 200K
miles.  I have had 2 GMC products and 1 f#rd product with over 250K miles on
the engines without any major work at all.  I have a Chev 350 with 345K on
it and I finally changed the spark plugs for the first time at 300K and if I
had not purchased the new ones I would not have replaced them then.  That's
what unleaded fuel and technology will do nowadays for engines.   Remember
OIL IS THE LIFE OF AN ENGINE.  GOOD OLD AND A GOOD FILTER they should be
good for at least 400K and I will tell you when my 350 makes it.