Re: [oletrucks] structural question

To: "Tim Lloyd" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] structural question
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 06:50:00 -0400
Tim,

    It isn't so much a question of weight, but that strip (seat riser
actually) stiffens the cab floor. A friend of mine removed it entirely and
the result was a lot of flexing in the floor.- as someone said, the
"oil-can" effect. He had to weld in 1/4" plate to restore the rigidity in
the floor - but did it on the underside where it won't show. It's hard to
say what the effect of cutting out a section for a "door" would be. It sure
is tempting, as there is a lot of wasted space under the seat.

Jack / Winter Park FL