Re: [oletrucks] Metwrinch

To: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>, "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Metwrinch
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 18:41:14 -0700
I have played with them a little.  A friend of mine bought a set (non-car
guy) and seems to like them.  They looked to be mid-line quality
(Snap-On/Mac/Proto being 10's, Craftsman/Blackhawk being a 7 or 8, and the
$7.99 socket sets being a 1; these looked to be a 4 or 5).  They did work
OK, but there is a lot of slop in the fit with most sizes.  I would rather
spend the money on Craftsman or better.  As for the "flat-drive" technique,
Snap-On has had a version of this for quite a few years, I think they call
it "Flank-Drive" if I remember correctly (my wife doesn't let me go near
the Snap-On truck with the check book anymore).  I guess what it boils down
to is, I wouldn't spend my money on them, but I wouldn't dissuade anyone
else from purchasing them.  Just my .02$ worth. ;^)

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

> From: W&D <haist@jps.net>
> To: Old Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Metwrinch
> Date: Sunday, May 16, 1999 6:04 PM
>
> Yesterday I watched one of those infomercials on the Metwrinch, "the
miracle
> wrench system that grabs bolts and nuts on the flat and not the edge".
The