Re: [oletrucks] inline 6

To: "dave p" <my51truck@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] inline 6
From: "Ralph Linnell" <ChevySix@seatac.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 12:24:22 -0700
The 216/235/292 are relative cubic inches. The 216 was a very antiquated
engine with dipper oilers for the rod bearing lubrication as well as the
early 235's did also. The later 235's had a pressure system and a drilled
crankshaft to oil the rod bearings. The 292 is a later technology engine all
the way around. The 292 has a completely different mounting system than the
engines up through 235. The 261 could be mounted either using a side mount
like the 292 and I believe it is similar to the V'8's or you can mount the
261 at the front also.

I would go for the 292 if you have the resources or the money to get the
fabrication accomplished that is necessary to get it installed.
Ralph Linnell

"ChevySix"
ChevySix@seatac.net
http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/
Inliners International Membership Chairman
Inliner # 2132