[oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge
From: "Paul W. Franchina" <pfoxtrot@gate.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:50:01 -0400
Boris had his first jaunt yesterday evening after months of downtime for
refurbishment. We didn't go far but the results of my efforts were very
rewarding. The steering is smooth and effortless by comparison to the day
he came home. The brakes are going to do their appointed job with force to
spare. One thing I did notice however was the gas gauge going nuts. When I
turned the ignition on the needle immediately jumped to near half tank
reading. Withiin a few seconds it started jumping to full scale then
falling back to the initial reading with a cycle period of a bit over a
second. It kept this routine up until I turned the ignition off. I haven't
looked at the wiring to the tank but the under dash area is such a rat's
nest I'm not sure I could ever figure things out. Has anyone experienced
these symptoms and what turned out to be the cause/cure?

Paul W. Franchina
pfoxtrot@gate.net
& Boris: 1958 Chevrolet Apache 3100 Stepside