Re: [oletrucks] Brake connections

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake connections
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:18:56 -0400
jack halton wrote:

> The front lines should connect to the larger line. This usually
> connects to
> a larger chamber in the front.

That makes sense to me Jack, but who knows?  I got 2 diagrams in my
repair manual.  1st one (manual brakes) shows the front chamber going to
the rear brakes, 2nd diagram (power brakes) shows the front chamber
going to the front brakes!  Even GM admits that many types and sizes of
master cylinders were installed on their products from the late 60's to
mid 80's.  I guess your mileage may vary.  Mine might have been altered
by the previous owner.  The car's been stopping for 27 years with the
same set-up, so maybe it's a non-issue.  I'm glad someone came up with
the answer on the residual valve.  I don't seem to have one and shop
manual doesn't illustrate it.  Of course, now when I go to install the
power brakes in my truck, I'll probably be back with the same
question!!!

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod-storation