Re: [oletrucks] Split Rim Article in This Old Truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Split Rim Article in This Old Truck
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 04:58:57 -0700
To all old heavy truck owners,

I had reported that newer chevy 3500HD trucks had 10 lug rims that
appeared to have the same size pattern as the older larger Chevy trucks.
I have since stopped at a dealer and measured one and it measures the
same to me.

I was mistaken though when I said they were 16" rims, they are not, they
are 19.5" rims.

Chevy has used this bolt pattern for several years now on its straight
axle heavy duty 1 tons, mostly on box trucks and mini school busses. I
would think it wouldn't be too hard to come up with some from a truck
junk yard!