Disc Brake Master cylinder (was Re: [oletrucks] inner fender)

To: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Disc Brake Master cylinder (was Re: [oletrucks] inner fender)
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:46:32 -0600

I'm not sure I agree with you, John. I installed the front discs from a '79
Camaro and I am still using the original master cylinder (rebuilt) from my
'53 mounted to the floor.  I brought the proportioning/metering valve so I
don't get uneven pressures front to back.  It works great!!  I used to have
to just about stand on the pedal with both feet to get the truck to slow
down.  And while it isn't the same as a 1999 Chevy whatever w/ power
brakes, it certainly is easier than the original.

You have to consider, however, that my expectations may be set lower than
others' on the list.  After all, I don't want to put $40K into my '53 so it
rides like a '99.......I still have to pull weeds out of the bed of my
truck each spring. (I have pictures to prove it!)
http://home.att.net/~heelrat/truck.html

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net> on 03/30/99 07:34:19 AM